top of page


  • Who owns Hubbard Creek Reservoir?
    The Reservoir is owned by the West Central Texas Municipal Water District. The Member Cities of the District are Abilene, Albany, Anson, and Breckenridge. The Reservoir was built primarily as a water supply for the Member Cities and their customers.
  • When was the Reservoir built?
    Hubbard Creek Dam was closed in November 1962.
  • How big is the Reservoir?
    When Hubbard Creek Reservoir is at its full conservation pool elevation of 1183.31 (NGVD 29) it covers 14,922 acres and contains 324,983 acre-feet of water. At the full elevation the Reservoir is approximately 10 miles long and 4 miles wide at its widest point two and one-half miles upstream of the dam. The drainage area covers approximately 1,107 square miles.
  • Where can I hunt? Where can I fish?
    The Reservoir can be accessed by boat only. See the Recreation page for more details.
  • What boat ramps are open? Where are they located?
    Prater Ramp is the ramp to use when the lake is low (to 155 msl). It is located on the South East end of the dam off WDR 277. Bob Clark Landing is located on the West end of the Highway 180 Bridge. It is out of service when the Reservoir elevation drops below 1169 msl. Peelers Pier is located North of Highway 180 on CR 336. It is out of service when the Reservoir elevation drops below 1170 msl. Corley Ramp (also known as the Game Warden Ramp) is located on the Northwest corner of North Park, which is accessible from WDR 277. It is out of service when the Reservoir elevation drops below 1170 msl.
  • Is camping allowed? Where can you camp? Is it free?
    -- Camping is allowed at the North Park and is currently free to the public. -- Primitive camping conditions sewer or water hookups are available. -- Potable water is not available at any of the District facilities. -- The Park does have two RV hookups that are on a "first come, first served" basis. -- During low lake levels, the restrooms are closed but portable toilets are located throughout the park for use. -- Park is closed during wet weather. -- Call the Lake Office at 254.559.3677 for more information. -- The District follows the county burn ban schedule. -- The swim area is closed during the winter months and during low lake levels.
  • Where do I pay my water bill?
    For District Customers, please mail your payment to P.O. Box 2362, Abilene, Texas 79604 or you may drop your payment off at the Abilene office located at 410 Hickory St. For the CITY OF ABILENE water users, please mail your payments to the City of Abilene Water Utility Office.
  • What is the application process for pipeline customers to draw water for livestock purposes?
    -- Contact information (name and phone number) -- Documentation on the owner of the property and mailing address. -- If the land has been sold, please have the information on the prior owner and the current owner as well as the site address for the property. -- Documentation showing the location of the property (legal description). -- Documentation on the property...such as if water meters exist on the property and if water has been available to prior owners. --Call the Abilene Office and ask for Christy Ferguson/325.673.8254 and she will forward information to you in order to begin the process.
  • How do I obtain a septic, lake lot, water term, or boat dock permit? What are the fees?"
    -- The fees vary for each type of permit desired: Septic ($150); Dock ($100); Dredging ($100); Water ($150) base. -- A permit form can be obtained at the Breckenridge office located at 4164 WDR #277/254.559.3677. All forms must be pre-approved before any construction of septic systems or docks can begin.
  • What number do I call in case of emergency?
    Abilene Office: 325.673.8254 Breckenridge Office: 254.559.3677
bottom of page